© 2020 AttoChem – CA18222
Reproduction of extracts from the contents included in this web site by any means is allowed provided it is properly cited (see below). Reproduction of images, diagrams or other material from other copyright holders included in this website require prior permission from the copyright holders.
This web site may be cited as: COST Action CA18222 – web site
The CA18222 Action tries to keep information included in this website timely and accurate. However, it does not give any warranty or other assurance as to the content of the material appearing on the site, its accuracy, completeness, timelessness or appropriateness for any particular purpose. The CA18222 Action does not give any warranty or other assurance as to the operation, quality or functionality of the site. Access to the site may be interrupted, restricted or delayed for any reason.
Neither the CA18222 Action, the COST Office nor any person acting on its behalf is responsible for the use which might be made of the information contained in this publication. The COST Office is not responsible for the external websites referred to in this publication.
This web site is supported by COST through CA18222 (AttoChem) Action. COST is supported by the EU Framework Programme Horizon 2020.
1. Data controller
Your personal data are processed by the
Chemistry Department, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid. If you have any queries
about the process or how we handle your information please contact us at:
Address: CA18222 Action Grant Holder. Departamento de Química, Módulo 13, Facultad de Ciencias. C/ Francisco Tomás y Valient 7, 28049 Madrid (ES)
Every COST Action participant and visitor of our website, people who use our services, e.g. who subscribe to our newsletter, or distribution lists, as well as people who email us or chat with us.
3. What information about you do we handle, why do we handle that information, what is the legal basis for those processings and for how long do we retain the information?
On top of the personal data collected and processed by the COST Association in the framework of this COST Action, for which you can consult the privacy notice for e-COST,
As COST Action Participant,
Based on your consent (article 6.1.a) of the GDPR), we:
- publish your contact details, research-related details and composition of your research group on the COST Action CA18222 website and other communications tools or publications for communication purposes;
- take and use pictures/videos where you appear taken or made during a meeting / an event of or related to the COST Action CA18222 on the COST Action CA18222 website and other communications tools or publications for communication purposes.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (the Science Communication manager). Withdrawing your consent means that the collected personal data will not be used any longer. However, use made of your data in the past remains valid.
When you register for newsletters and/or distribution lists
Based on your consent (article 6.1.a) of the GDPR):
- We collect and process your identification data (name, first name, title and email address) for registration and delivering of our newsletters. We use a service provider to deliver our newsletters.
You may unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time. We will not keep your data once you have unsubscribed.
Based on our legitimate interests or those of the COST Association (article 6.1.f of the GDPR),
- When you register for newsletters or distribution lists, we might gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
When you email us, chat with us or otherwise contact us:
We process your contact details, when required, in order to provide you with the requested support. This data processing is based on your consent (article 6.1.a of the GDPR).
When you register for events:
Based on your consent (article 6.1.a) of the GDPR):
When you register for events, we collect your identification data (name, first name, title, email address, and/or phone numbers) and professional data (position and institution) and.
When you register for events, we also ask you
- whether you have special dietary requirements or other specific needs. Those data are collected for the organisation of the event.
We do not keep your dietary requirements or other mentioned specific needs for longer than the event.
you are in agreement with us:
- including your contact details in the list of participants to the event that is made available on the COST Action website / to all participants for networking purposes;
- sharing your contact and professional details with COST Association in order to manage meeting participants and comply with contractual obligations,
- subscribing your e-mail address to CA18222 distribution lists and/or newsletters,
- taking and using pictures during the event for promotional and information purposes.
Not providing your consent for taking pictures is without impact on your participation to events, workshops or webinars.
The data we collect are kept as long as you do not oppose to it.
Based on legal obligations to which we are subject (article 6.1.c of the GDPR):
When you are entitled for reimbursement, we also ask you
- to provide information on your personal details (id number, title, name, surname, postal address), affiliation, email address, and bank account, in order to process reimbursement and comply with legal obligations at the Grant Holder Institution.
The data we collect shall be kept until the date foreseen in the Action Grant Agreement.
When you register your research group in the CA18222 Action website:
When you register in the CA18222 Action website:
- you agree with the processing of your identification data (Title, first name, last name, email address, affiliation, country, MC membership, group/department name, website, activities, key expertise and WG affiliation)
- you declare having informed the researchers listed as part of your group/legal entity that their names will appear in AttoChem website and having explicit consent to include them in the registration form
Based on your consent (article 6.1.a) of the GDPR), when you register in the the CA18222 Action website, we also ask you whether you are in agreement with us:
your contact details (Title, first name, last name, email address, affiliation,
country, MC membership, group/department name, website, activities, key
expertise and WG affiliation) on the COST Action CA18222 website and other
communications tools or publications, and sharing them with the COST
- taking and using pictures/videos where you appear taken or made during a meeting / an event of or related to the COST Action AttoChem on the COST Action CA18222 website and other communications tools or publications for communication purposes.
- Including your email address in the CA18222 distribution list that is used to distribute the Action newsletter and to share key information on Action activities, news, and job offers.
When you contact us to make use of your data subject rights:
We process your contact details and the proof of your identity you send us in order to address your request. We can also depending on your request process other personal data we have collected also in order to address your request.
This data processing is for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject (article 6.1.c of the GDPR).
4. Use of service providers and transfer to third parties
This is the case when for newsletters or google analytics.
We do have recourse to service providers to deliver our newsletters and managing distribution lists.
Those service providers otherwise referred to as data processors are third parties who provide elements of support to us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. They cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
We do not transfer any of your data collected as mentioned above to any third party for commercial purposes.
5. How do we protect your personal data?
Your personal data are handled in full confidentiality. We make all necessary effort to take technical and organisational measures that might be required so as to ensure security of your personal data.
6. How long is the information retained for?
If we speak of emails and newsletters, it should be no longer than required to answer the demand. Action website and its content is maintained for minimum 2 years after the end of the Action.
7. Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR), you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you:
- right to request from us access to and rectification of your personal data;
- right to request erasure of your data (right to be forgotten) in the cases foreseen by article 17 of the GDPR ;
- right to obtain from us restriction of processing where there is contestation about the data processing for a period enabling to solve the issue;
- right to data portability;
- where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that we will not make use of your data any longer, including pictures. However, use made of your data in the past remains valid.
Your right to object
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data which is based on Article 6(1), (f) of the GDPR (our legitimate purposes) as mentioned above.
To exercise those rights, please send us an email to attochem.scm(at)uam.es together with a proof of your identity or write us to the following address: CA18222 Action Grant Holder. Departamento de Química, Módulo 13, Facultad de Ciencias. C/ Francisco Tomás y Valiente 7, 28049 Madrid (ES)
Please note that you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory authority of the EU country of your choice.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The tables below explains the cookies we use and why.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.